Saturday, February 4, 2012

Little by Little

When I left the gym the other day, the owner asked me if I was losing weight. I said I didn't know because my scale is broken. He said, "Well, it looks like you've lost an inch or two."

That was the right thing to say to me that day. I've been fighting discouragement with exercising, but have in fact noticed that I am a tad smaller also. I feel a little stronger too. I laughed at myself because I was flexing in the bathroom. No muscles popping up on my biceps yet, but I feel better. My muscles are very sore, and it's hard to stretch them out. A therapeutic massage on Friday worked for a little while, but that night, I was sore all over again. My knees have been crying, but I just keep moving them, go to the chiropractor, take pain relievers when necessary, and use BioFreeze now and then. I know that when I build up the muscles that support them, they will get to spell "r-e-l-i-e-f".

I'm better today, but feel guilty that I didn't get a walk in. I took yesterday off because my knees were sore and I was tired. I'll make up for it tomorrow. I am very aware of making sure I at least exercise five to six days out of seven. So far, I have been successful. And, I am eating very well.  I plan to renew my training sessions, and actually like going. This is a huge milestone overcome. I feel proud of myself tonight.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for letting us tag along on your journey. after reading this post, you inspired me to get off my duff and go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete