Friday, February 17, 2012

Two steps forward, one step back

How does this happen? I had such a great beginning of the week: so full of energy and feeling good. Yesterday and today I feel like crap. I'm exhausted and my knees are killing me, despite getting both acupuncture and chiropractic treatments on them and the rest of me. I'm doing everything right: eating well and exercising regularly. I don't get it.

Everyone says I need to rest for my muscles to heal. I get that. But, then I get nervous that if I stop exercising, I won't go back to it. I told my chiropractor as much this morning. He said I needed to rest. The older we get, the harder it is for our bodies to repair and restore themselves. Just rest. So I am. I'm feeling guilty, but my knees are reminding me to stop. I rescheduled my personal trainer appointment for tomorrow at 11 a.m.

It is also amazing that when I don't feel well or energized, depressing thoughts invade my mind. These thoughts bring me down even more and make me think I'm depressed. I know I'm not. I just need to push those "stinkin'" thoughts out of my head. These days when I see a baby or a happy grandmother, I cry. It doesn't last long, and I thought I'd be over this by now, but I'm not. So be it.

I know I'll feel better tomorrow. The sun is shining now after the fog and rain this morning. So, I'll cook swordfish for supper and hope for a better night.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this gritty post.

    you have captured in 2-D "ink" the 3-D pain of joints, and spirit, well-used.

    good catch!

    ReplyDelete