Monday, May 19, 2014

Finding Calm in all the Chaos.



With all the craziness going on in my life these days between not having a home that's livable in SC right now, living with the in-laws, and being in transition in general, I have been feeling really stressed. My OCD is hitting me hard. Now, I realize that compared to cancer or true homelessness, my problems are nothing. But, they are mine, and they do affect me, so I accept that they are apples; not oranges. That said, I purchased an on-line course from a woman I respect: Sonia Choquette. Her first video suggested tools to deal with the chaos causing me stress.

1) Remember my Spirit by saying what I love. Say it out loud!
  • I love my family and friends.
  • I love my dogs and granddogs.
  • I love to sing.
  • I love to dance.
  • I love to laugh and be silly.
  • I love flowers and bird song.
  • I love to swim.
  • I love being healthy.
  • I love to travel and experience new things.
  • I love good and tasty food.
  • I love dark chocolate; cake and ice cream/frozen yogurt.
  • I love a good, warm hug.
  • I love a good story.
2) Remember my Gifts. Acknowledge them and use them. They are the foundation of my purpose in this life. We are "being required to be truly authentic" right now, apparently, so "back off the drama".
  • I write well.
  • I can articulate clearly.
  • My laugh is infectious. So is my smile.
  • I am generous.
  • I feel deeply.
  • I show actions as well as speak words.
  • I try to live what I believe every day.
  • I work hard.
  • I am a nurturer and a caregiver.
  • I love genuinely.
  • I am an explorer and a seeker.
3) Acknowledge my fears head-on, and the situations affecting me right now. Speak them out loud.
  • I am afraid that we won't have all the money we need to live well for the rest of our lives.
  • I am afraid to show my true self for fear of being rejected.
  • I am afraid I don't love my Self as much as I think.
4) Think about the choices I'm facing and the situations that are affecting me. She suggests sitting for a moment with my hand over my heart, and speak out loud whatever my spirit says to me. This is a key way to receive guidance during chaotic times.
  • I will be fine.
  • We will have everything we need.
5) Remember to breathe. Touch my index fingers to my thumbs, take a deep breath through my nose thinking "I Am", then breath out with an "Ah" sound while thinking "Calm". This technique really does help.

She suggested sharing her video, so here is Sonia Choquette. Enjoy and try it. I am. Be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment