Monday, August 27, 2012

Just love her.

"Just love her and let her follow her own path." These are the words that just came to me. I prayed this morning after reading about 'Not Withholding Love' in "Love Without Conditions" by Paul Ferrini. for guidance. I need to figure out how to love and stop judging my niece, Susan. I need help in learning how to live with her in love and understanding; compassion and forgiveness. I must stop trying to rescue her, save her or protect her. I must love her, just as she is. I must stop trying to change her or improve her lot in life.

She is on her own path. I am on mine. Our paths are not the same. That's ok. She has a right to her choices and her path. I must not try to save her with mine, as if mine is better than hers. Hers is to her as mine is to me. We are on our paths to learn our own lessons. Who am I to judge her lessons? Just love her and don't worry about saving, rescuing or helping her. Just give her the love she needs, and don't worry about the rest. "Look at the birds in the sky. They don't plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren't you?" Matthew 6: International Standard Version.

God will take care of her. I have tried enough. We all have. If she doesn't want to take care of herself or even help her life's condition in any way, who am I to interfere? She is an adult now. She has the right to make her own choices. She is choosing hardship. I must let her reap what she sows in life and love her anyway. We all must do this. In this way, we help her and ourselves. By giving her the love she needs, I bring love to myself. The Law of Attraction says we attract what we put out into the Universe. If I focus on putting Love out there, I will attract Love back to my Self. It feels like a revelation I am seeing with new eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment