Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"You can't have my heart"

This latest rendition of a beloved fairy tale is no children's story.  Snow White and the Huntsman is definitely for us big kids. I couldn't wait to see Charlize Theron as the wicked queen, and she sure didn't disappoint. She was pure evil, and so good at it.

Kristen Stewart did a wonderful job as her nemisis, Snow White. I haven't seen all the The Twilight Saga movies, so I cannot attest to Ms. Stewart's talent. But, I was very impressed with her portrayal in this incredibly exciting movie. She was believable and powerful. There was only one scene in the movie where I didn't understand how she went from being rescued in one outfit to magically wearing a hooded coat the next. But I let it go to continue enjoying this extraordinary tale.

At one point, the action was so good, I found myself biting my knuckles waiting to see what would happen next. The special effects were wonderful and exciting. I LOVED the troll scene.  Chris Hemsworth was very hot as the Huntsman. I read in People Magazine that he worked out hard to master this role. I can see why. It was exhilarating to watch him battle demons and the dark soldiers.

The dark forest was so scary. Tree branches turned into snakes and nasty creatures were everywhere.
Watching Snow White crawl and run through all this dark evil was mesmerizing.


When you go see this movie, try to find Bob Hoskins. I had to check the credits to make sure my guess was correct. Excellent makeup.


The costumes were awesome and Florence +The Machine's final song was beautiful. All in all, this is an A+++ movie, that Larry and I both highly recommend. Get a babysitter, though. Now I want to see Julie Roberts' portrayal of the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment