Saturday, April 7, 2018

Love will win.

Some friends of mine are attending the Revolutionary Love 2018: Complete The Dream (interfaith) conference (based on the pillars of violence Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. talked about in 1967) in New York City this weekend. The pillars referred to are what Dr. King believed would be the forms of violence that would destroy the world: racism, materialism and militarism. Conference organizers are adding a forth pillar for today's relevance: sexism. I read the schedule, and it is a very heavy weekend. It not a fluff weekend of feel good talks and pats on the back. But, I just listened to a live-stream talk by the Rev. Jacqui Lewis, and I feel good! It was a powerful message about her vision of the Love Revolution.

I believe in Love. I believe in the power of Love. I believe Love will win the war over fear. Fear is the source of anger and hate. Hate causes pain that fuels discrimination in all its forms. In an effort to eliminate the pain of heartache, those afflicted sometimes lash out. In the course of lashing out to ease pain, much more pain is inflicted. Therein lies a vicious circle; a cycle that must be broken. Only Love can break that cycle. Sometimes the solution to relief is merely imagination and visualization. After a world is imagined or envisioned where freedom for all truly reigns, then believers in Love must speak out and rise up.

Rev. Lewis talked about the Love Prophets. These modern prophets are the ones with their Love vision in mind who will raise their hands to try to calm the waters of fear (my words, not hers). The waters of fear are rushing like Level 5 rapids over the minds and hearts of us all. Those who would keep us afraid think they are safe riding above the torrents of those rapids. But, they must realize that their rafts are vulnerable, and their paddles are undependable. The power of those rapids can flip their rafts over and toss them into the torrent at any moment. The prophets of Love, however, can band together as a team to navigate the waters of fear. Together they, We, can slow the rushing waters that scare us and create peaceful, lapping waves that soothe our hearts and calm our minds.

Those of us who hear the call of Love, will speak out. Here I am. Speaking from my heart in Love. I am a Carrier of the Light of Divine Love in this world. My mission in Life is to keep Joy alive. I am a Love Prophet. I heard the Call long ago. The Mission supporting Love over fear is a difficult one, but not an impossible one. Everything in Love is possible. I truly believe this. I look for "the signs". Rev. Lewis talked about looking for the signs that present themselves in Life to help us find our way. She talked about losing her mother two days ago, and instead of going for a walk during which she usually called her mother who is no longer available to receive that call, she went and got a mani/pedi. The name of the woman doing her nails was Emma, her mother's name. She saw this as a sign of the presence of her mother in that moment. That sign soothed her aching heart. Signs may come in this way, or on a billboard or in the words of a song on the radio. Signs are everywhere. But, we must be receptive to them. Our eyes and hearts must be open to see the signs when they present themselves.

I may not feel confident to participate in the discussions of the New York City weekend my friends felt called to attend, but in sharing the live streams, my good friend brought me with her. I can attend at my leisure and from the safety of my home. I am not saying this because I would have been afraid to attend the conference, but that I do not have the energy required to be in that venue. I am happy to attend remotely as I can, and take what jewels I glean. I found one jewel this morning, and using it, I wrote this blog post.

I believe in what is possible. What is possible is a World where every person is free. I believe in a World where each person can grow to be whatever (s)he wants, and do whatever (s)he desires, receiving the exact same pay. I believe our World can be as healthy and happy as we want our children to be. All adults are just grown children. The little child within us all guides us. Treat that child within with respect and kindness. Love that child, and guide it towards laughter and playfulness. Teach it about personal responsibility and healthy community. There is no "I" in "Team"!

But, a healthy, happy "I" is essential, and must not be taken for granted or disregarded or pushed aside. Healthy "I's" will be the movers and shakers of this World, and will/are the ones who create positively effective Teams. Be well, my Friends. Sending Love and Visualizing Peace in the Revolution of 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment