Friday, November 15, 2013

Bear Has Cancer

My Friend, and one of my Loves, Bear, got cancer. Bummer. He is 60, and from North Haven, ME. He lives with his beautiful wife and my good Friend/Sistah, Pat. I assume they still have dogs; maybe cats too. It's been many years since Larry and I visited them at there home in Somerville, ME. Bear and Pat are mostly dealing with his disease and its treatments alone.

I was Primary Caretaker for my Mother and my Sister-In-Law. Caretaker is a hard, challenging, emotionally Sacred, painful Joy. I am blessed to have been of service to my Beloved. I would do it again if needed.

It is in my old Boyfriend, Bear. I call him Bear. Pat calls him Arthur. Pat and Bear attended my wedding to Larry twelve years ago, and drove to MA to attend my 60th birthday party. I met Bear in about 1983. They are Family to Me. I met his two children. I knew his ex-wife. I brought fancy sipping booze to the Island for Margie, Bear's Mother, to share on Her front porch in Her fancy, little glasses. We have History. All of Us. It's all good.

The week after Thanksgiving, I will visit Bear at Dana Farber (DF)  in Boston. He will live in DF-affiliated discounted housing because he lives forty miles or more from treatment. Pat can be with him as much as she can. She weighs being Superintendent of Schools in ME, and care of her animals and property. They are good, hard-working people, and I love them dearly. That they are now challenged by all that comes with Cancer, pains my heart. They need my help, and I am happy to be there for Them. We will work out what support I can provide. He will be there over the coming Holiday Season! Does that suck or what???!!!




We hope for some limited Family support in ME for Bear in Boston. Let's see what God and The Universe have in store for us in the coming months to the New Year. This Time is an opportunity to experience the true meaning of the Season: Love. Service. Joy. Satisfaction. Contribution, and Compassion. But most of all, Love. I do it for Love. That's it.






No comments:

Post a Comment