Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolved...

Tunnel spider web on the hose.
I stopped making new New Year's resolutions. Instead, I have maintained the same one for several years: "I resolve to continue to be healthy and happy." This resolution is broad, I know, but remains apropos nonetheless. Yes, I want to lose another twenty pounds, and I also want to increase my activity level a bit, but those specifics put too much pressure on me. I prefer to remain general, yet resolute.

On New Year's Day morning, I walked to the glider on our dock in SC. It was a lovely, albeit gray morning with mild temperatures. I was dressed in my pajamas and wool shawl, which seemed to be enough warmth. The air was slightly crisp but humid with impending rain showers predicted. The water was like glass, and I could hear birds calling through the pines. The only disturbance was the intermittent gunshot from hunters in the distance. It was peaceful on the lake.

I breathed deeply, closed my eyes and prayed. Thanking God for all my blessings: my wonderful family, our dawgs, and our good health, along with the myriad of other blessings we enjoy and are extremely grateful for, I also asked for courage and guidance. I can't always find the courage to be who I Am, so I asked for it. I also asked for loving, patient, tolerant and wise words and thoughts to be given me before I take any and all actions. As a spiritual being, it is very important to me that I act, say and do as much as I can to assist the "Keepers of the Light" in this world. During the "dark times", rays of light are even more important to maintain for our human family. I ask to be guided as one of those, whose mission in this life is to keep Joy and Happiness alive.

When life causes us to be consumed by the various "lacks" we experience: lack of money or time, I ask for everything I need, so that I can help others to shift their focus to having fun and allowing more time for that. "Be like the little children..." I believe in the importance of keeping our "inner child" alive and well in every moment of every day until the end. Life will always present challenges, but remaining focused on innocence in adulthood remains the greatest challenge. Playing with childlike abandon is also of utmost importance in trying times. We must remember to not allow "dark forces" to consume us. Love always wins.

Happy New Year! Next time it snows, lay down and make a "snow angel". Next time it rains, walk through a puddle, not around it. Look fear in the eye and say, "Poo on you!" I "double dog" dare ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment